Unique Christmas cookie recipe #7. These DIY coffee sugar cookies with an Irish cream meringue is a fantastic treat to have with your morning coffee. The recipe calls for an Irish cream liqueur, such as Bailey’s, but using an Irish cream coffee creamer will give the same great taste without the alcohol. Thanks to Cooking Channel for the yummy recipe.
COFFEE-FLAVORED SUGAR COOKIES:
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coffee extract, such as Trablit
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (spooned in and leveled)
- 3 tablespoons finely ground coffee (not instant)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
IRISH CREAM ITALIAN MERINGUE BUTTERCREAM:
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 5 egg whites
- 1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter, cubed, at room temperature
Images from Cooking Channel.
For the entire recipe visit Cooking Channel.