Looking for a quick and easy project to get some hanging planters up? Here’s your answer. Make a hanging garden with gutters, and it can be as many tiers high as you’d like. It makes a great space divider and can even be used as a privacy screen.
You can plant edible vegetables or flowering plants. One word of caution if you go the vegetable route – be sure the PVC gutters do not have BPA or it will leach into the plants. It’s always a good idea to check with the manufacturer to be safe.
Supplies you’ll need:
- 1 – 8′ PVC white rain gutter cut into 3 32″ sections
- 6 – PVC white gutter end caps
- 2 – 1/8″diameter steel cables cut to desired length
- 6 – Feeney Cross Clamps (see image below)
- 6 – 1/8″ diameter Feeney steel rods
- 2 – Galvanized eye hooks
Images: Jayme Jenkins
Here’s a video tutorial showing a slightly different way to make a gutter garden that you may find helpful. This one doesn’t hang but is mounted on a fence or a wall.