Here’s a pretty spring craft project that is great to do with kids. In fact, it’s probably geared more toward kiddos so if you don’t have your own, maybe you can share it with someone who does?
These colorful flowers will brighten up any wall. Because it doesn’t take a lot of thought it’s a good project to visit with someone while doing it together. The suggested type of paper to use is Astrobrights, which come in many glorious colors.
You will need the following supplies.
- 10 Sheets of 8.5″ x 11″ ASTROBRIGHTS® papers for each flower.
- Glue gun
- Scissors and paper trimmer for a straight edge
- Cardboard to mount them
These flowers each have 4 layers. The outside layer needs 4 sheets, the next layer uses 3, then 2, and the inside only takes 1 sheet. If you want to make your flowers smaller, then do only 3 layers, for which you will only need 6 sheets of paper.
- Cut a 6.5″ circle out of cardboard. I used a bowl and pen to trace a circle on the cardstock and then cut it out with scissors.
- Use your paper trimmer to cut your colorful paper into rectangles. I cut all pieces of paper into 4.25″ x 5.5″, which is basically an 8.5×11 into fourths.
- Roll your pieces of paper into cone shape with a point in the center of one end and use a small dot of glue to hold in place. If you have kids helping you, I very highly recommend using a low temperature glue gun.
- Then start gluing the first layer of cones all the way around the edge of the cardboard circle. The next layer glue the cones around a little inside of the outer layer, without cutting or trimming them. For the third layer, trim off about 2-3″ of the cone before gluing them on. And then for the center, cut off the tips of the cones and glue them into the center of the flower.
Image and Craft source: CraftaholicsAnonymous