Wow do these look good! I like the apple salsa idea for fall. I think it will make a nice change to have with tortilla chips as well. Chicken or beef would taste just as wonderful. The one thing I will do different is to use flour tortillas because I really don’t dig the corn variety. Style at Home came up with this spicy recipe.
- 2 tsp each: ancho chili powder, chipotle chili powder, cumin and fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut into 3″ pieces
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 cups water
- 1 large sweet-tart red apple, such as Braeburn or Pink Lady, cored and finely diced
- 6 green onions (white and pale green parts only), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Juice of 2 limes
Images from Style at Home.
For full instructions visit Style at Home.