This DIY cinnamon sugar fried apple stick recipe is like an apple pie wrapped in a fried tortilla. If you prefer fresh apples, “bake” a couple in the microwave instead of using pie filling. It will also cut down on the sweetness. Thanks to Shibley Smiles for the treat idea.
- 4 Large Flour Tortillas
- ½ Can of Fried Apples (or apple pie filling)
- 1 cup Sugar
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- 4 tbsp or ½ stick Butter (approx)Instructions
- Turn broiler on to preheat
- Prepare cinnamon & sugar mixture: Pour cup of sugar onto a plate (or in a bag) and sprinkle cinnamon to your liking. Mix sugar and cinnamon together
- Chop or cut up fried apples into tiny squares. I used a chopper to get apples small. If using pie filling try to use more apples and less of the sauce
Images from Shibley Smiles.
For the entire recipe visit Shibley Smiles.