I’m excited to work on this project. Mom (the name of my minivan) could use some bling and sass to brighten her up. This DIY project is cute without going overboard. I’m a Nebraska football fan so I am going to use red and white/silver rhinestones. Thanks to Classy Clutter for this dazzling project.
Since pretty much the beginning of time, I’ve loved anything sparkly. Ask anyone. I always loved having a sparkly rhinestone license plate but we only have one family car. Lucky for me, my husband just rolls his eyes and lets me do it. He’s awesome like that. If you love everything sparkly like me, you’ll be excited for the tutorial I have for you today!
- License Plate Frame that fits your vehicle – Make sure to get one that is legal in your state. I’ve heard that some states are super picky about the frames covering any graphics or text on the license plate. These thin silver frames are the best!
- Rhinestones – I used 20ss size in “Silver Night” for the color. I purchased them from this shop on Etsy.
- E6000 – the ONLY glue I’ll rhinestone with.
- Crayon (preferably white) or wax – I used orthodontic dental wax
- Wooden skewer
- Syringe – most pharmacies will give you these or they come with most children’s medicine.
First, get your materials ready. If you are not using a crayon, make a pea size ball of wax and stick it on the end of your wooden skewer. You could stick it on a sharpened pencil if you have that on hand.
Images from Classy Clutter.
For further instructions visit Classy Clutter.