Unique Christmas cookie recipe #13. Elvis was famous for music but he was also know for his love of peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwiches. This DIY recipe sounds wonderfully sinful. You will definitely surprise those in your company with this decadent dessert. Thanks to Cooking Channel for the great recipe idea.
- 14.5 ounces unbleached all-purpose (10-percent protein) flour (3 2/3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 7.5 ounces light brown sugar (1 cup packed)
- 6 ounces granulated sugar (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pound bacon, cooked, drained
- 1 (6oz.) bag dried banana chips, finely chopped (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
Images from Cooking Channel.
For the entire recipe visit Cooking Channel.