Unique Christmas cookie #5. A red, green and white rainbow cake coated in chocolate will be fun to share. This DIY cookie recipe is almost like having a piece of cake. The colors are great for Christmas or to represent one of several countries that use these colors in their flag. I’m thinking about dipping the bites in chocolate so the entire cookie is coated. Thanks to Epicurious for the delicious recipe.
Here’s how Mario Carbone and Rich Torrisi of New York City’s Torrisi Italian Specialties make these cake-like Technicolor treats.
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 cups unsalted butter, cubed, at room temperature
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 12 ounces almond paste (not marzipan), chopped
- 2 3/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade, heated, strained
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped, melted
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
Special Equipment: 3 13x9x2″ metal baking pans
Images from Epicurious.
For the entire recipe visit Epicurious.