Unique Christmas cookie #8. I have never eaten a chestnut roasted on an open fire but I am very curious! This DIY chestnut caramel cookie is the perfect way to try out that special holiday treat. You can’t go wrong with chocolate and caramel. Thanks to Cooking Channel for the inspiring recipe.
FIRE ROASTED CHESTNUTS:
- 5 ounces whole peeled chestnuts (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
SALTY CARAMEL CRACK:
Images from Cooking Channel.
For the entire recipe visit Cooking Channel.